Friday, July 10, 2009





The weekend is just beginning and I am meeting it with a mixture of delight and dread. I am overwhelmed at work with a potpurri marmalade of projects and assignments at various stages of completion. It is an an imaginary burden of my own making, most likely inflicted with the same masochistic ambitions which drive me to overeat. I am becoming increasingly aware that I define myself not by my excellence at work or my reputation as the joking fat man...but rather as a victim. But enough whining for tonight.

I'm installing World of Warcraft and am excited to try it out again. I've been paying for the service for 9 months or so, but I haven't played since the first month. The truth is that it was just too hard, the only upside was being able to chat with my best friend for hours on end while following him around the various lands and carefully following his commands. The night would always end with me making a really stupid mistake, like falling off a bridge or dropping or destroying an essential item. It would be the result of fatigue or my crappy computer...at least that is what I told myself. I mean really, have you seen some of those wow players? If they can manage I figure it shouldn't be a problem.

In other news, today is a friend's 10th wedding anniversary. I don't know his wife has put up with him for so long, but it gives me hope for my marriage!

No comments: